July 5, 2011

Colorado Springs Event Photographer---Freedom, Fireworks, Fourth of July----Wenzel Homecoming!!!









I had the honor & privilege tonight of witnessing something I have never witnessed before...a military homecoming!!! It was very emotional...patriotic songs were played, baby's cries echoing across the room, women & children clapping & screaming with tears streaming down their faces waiting for their loved ones to arrive!!! As if it isn't emotional everytime, to have a homecoming on actual Independence Day seemed all the more amazing!!! I felt so proud standing in that gymnasium to be an American...maybe more than ever before! With all that to say...I was able to meet Sgt.Wenzel & thank him for serving our country for the last year over in Afghanistan. I was asked by his lovely wife, Natalie, to photograph their family's reuniting. Sweet baby Charolette is now 9 months old & the last time her daddy saw her she was just 7 days old. What a reunion it was!!! So much to celebrate, so much to be thankful for. I hope you love your photos Wenzel Family & once again... WELCOME HOME!!! =)
Blessings,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment